Africa PPP Advisory Services alongside TetraTech International Development (formerly WYG International) are delivering the FCDO-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, and selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
This Task Order (TO) seeks to take forward the work of PP0005 – Assessment of institutional and human capacity needs of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (FMFBNP) in the delivery of PPP projects. It seeks to develop the FMFBNP’s institutional capacity to fulfil its responsibility for the Public Financial Management of PPPs, as envisioned in the National Policy on PPPs (N4Ps).
This TO builds on the findings from the PP0005 – Assessment of institutional and human capacity needs of FMFBNP in the delivery of PPP projects TO. It is designed to deliver the 2021 milestones for output indicator 3.4, which includes the development and delivery of an approved Capacity Building Plan, training of 6 MDAs, update and provide implementation support for the Viability Gap Funding and Contingent Liability frameworks. It will also deliver PPP expert advisory support for project appraisals. The team will provide strategic and logical support required to assist the technical experts under IF0005 in delivering training to the FMFBNP and MDAs in the use of the proposed enhancements to the Capital Project Screening Tool
Specifically, the TO team will:
• Develop capacity building strategy and delivery approach
• Review of organizational design and Institutional positioning of PPP division in the PPP ecosystem
• Develop Guidelines/Regulations for the coordination, review and analysis of fiscal issues related to PPP projects
• Enhance the Technical Capacity of the PPP division to deliver on its core mandate
• Determine the resourcing requirements for the repositioned PPP Office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – Capacity Building Coordinator
This is a fixed term role, as part of the overall UKNIAF Infrastructure Finance Component team.
The Capacity Building Coordinator’s role will be to provide admin and logistical support for the review of the organizational design and institutional positioning of the PPP division, and support the Task Order Team by facilitating coordination and liaison with key stakeholders and MDAs and thus contribute to:
- Capacity Building Plan for FMF PPP Division and other departments of PPP ecosystem
- Establish a programme of PPP Capacity development workshops & knowledge sharing seminars (including proposed PPP Capacity Development Workshop for Ministers & Senior Government Officials)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
• Inception Report and High-level Delivery Plan
• Interim Report and Monthly Progress Updates
• Quality and timely submission of TO deliverables
• Commitment to UKNIAF Values
The ideal profile will include much of the below:
• Education: An advanced degree in Project management or a related field required;
• Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing infrastructure or similar projects.
• Global / national experience; Experience working with DFID and government stakeholders will be an added advantage;
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Fluency in using MS Office Tools
• Experience in working with local government stakeholders
• Hard skills: Strong communications and writing skills;
• Soft skills: Good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
The position is based in Abuja. But as a result of COVID19 restrictions, most UKNIAF roles are being delivered remotely. Some out of hours work might be required.
Interested candidates should please send their CVs to email@example.com on/before 00:00 GMT+1 November 29, 2020.