Africa PPP Advisory Services alongside WYG, a Tetra Tech company, are delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Federal road network, power and infrastructure finance sectors. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
This Task Order (TO) seeks to take forward the work of PP0005 – Assessment of institutional and human capacity needs of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (FMFBNP) in the delivery of PPP projects. It seeks to develop the FMFBNP’s institutional capacity to fulfil its responsibility for the Public Financial Management of PPPs, as envisioned in the National Policy on PPPs (N4Ps).
This TO builds on the findings from the PP0005 – Assessment of institutional and human capacity needs of FMFBNP in the delivery of PPP projects TO. It is designed to deliver the 2021 milestones for output indicator 3.4, which includes the development and delivery of an approved Capacity Building Plan, training of 6 MDAs, update and provide implementation support for the Viability Gap Funding and Contingent Liability frameworks. It will also deliver PPP expert advisory support for project appraisals. The team will provide strategic and logical support required to assist the technical experts under IF0005 in delivering training to the FMFBNP and MDAs in the use of the proposed enhancements to the Capital Project Screening Tool.
Specifically, the TO team will:
• Develop capacity building strategy and delivery approach
• Review of organizational design and Institutional positioning of PPP division in the PPP ecosystem
• Develop Guidelines/Regulations for the coordination, review and analysis of fiscal issues related to PPP projects
• Enhance the Technical Capacity of the PPP division to deliver on its core mandate
• Determine the resourcing requirements for the repositioned PPP Office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – PPP Legal Advisor
This is a fixed term role, as part of the overall UKNIAF Infrastructure Finance Component team.
Specifically, you will:
• Develop Guidelines/Regulations for the coordination, review and analysis of fiscal issues related to PPP
• Establish a programme of PPP Capacity development workshops & knowledge sharing seminars (including proposed PPP Capacity Development Workshop for Ministers & Senior Government Officials)
• Establish a community of practice to incorporate infrastructure public private dialogues centred around the review and promotion of the FG's PPP Project Pipeline
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
• Inception Report and High-level Delivery Plan
• Interim Report and Monthly Progress Updates
• Quality and timely submission of TO deliverables
• Commitment to UKNIAF Values
The ideal profile will include the following:
• An advanced degree in Law and Legal Practice in Nigeria (Required). International experience and qualifications an added advantage.
• Minimum of 15+ years post-qualification experience in drafting and reviewing Legal, institutional and regulatory frameworks for government agencies, private sector organisations, Financial Institutions and institutional investors; commercial deal structuring, PPP transaction advisory services, advising on Privatisation & Commercialisation of government agencies, Competition law, labour and environmental law etc; legal due diligence, structuring and facilitating Project and Corporate Finance, from multiple perspectives (Government, Private Sector, Lenders).
• Demonstrable experience of successfully drafting and negotiating PPP Concession Agreements across multiple sectors.
• Experience advising government and building capacity across the overall PPP/private financed project lifecycle. And in particular, familiarity with key agencies in the federal and subnational PPP ecosystem.
• International experience of successfully delivering PPP transactions and capacity building projects across multiple sectors.
• Experience of working as part of virtual multi-disciplinary teams of consultants and transaction advisors
• Experience in establishing and maintaining productive relationships with banks and other financial institutions, fund managers, institutional investors, and other project sponsors and financiers.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and organisational abilities.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and writing skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
The position is based in Abuja. But as a result of COVID19 restrictions, most UKNIAF roles are being delivered remotely. Some out of hours work might be required.
Interested candidates should please send their CVs to email@example.com on/before 00:00 GMT+1 November 29, 2020.