Africa PPP Advisory Services alongside WYG, a Tetra Tech company, are delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Federal road network, power and infrastructure finance sectors. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
This assignment supports the delivery of the 2021 milestone targets for output indicator 3.1 - Project Delivery Framework, which contains the following parts: (a) Stakeholder engagement and technical assistance required to build consensus around the proposed Accelerated Project Delivery Framework, (b) Development of the PPP project pipeline (c) Development of 5 concept notes, and, (d) Preparation of at least 2 Outline Business Cases to be completed by Sept 2021
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – PPP Project Analyst
- Developing a detailed workplan and timeline for the delivery of the assignment
- Supporting as required efforts to build consensus around the development of the accelerated project delivery framework, including stakeholder mapping and management to anticipate and address issues (and where necessary escalate issues) before they become programme.
- Supporting the PPP Project Portfolio Managers in preparing questionnaires to obtain relevant data from MDAs/Sub-nationals as required to produce relevant reports and structure transaction and project development support.
- Follow up on data requests to MDAs/Sub-nationals.
- Undertake primary and secondary research.
- Contribute as required to the preparation of tender documents, coordination of the bid evaluation processes, and in particular, capturing lessons learned and ensuring the effectiveness of UKNIAF capacity building processes and approach.
- Support the PPP Project Portfolio Managers in drafting and preparing progress reports.
- Support the PPP/Infrastructure Finance team with any additional work required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
- The main KPI will be the quality of the advice and deliverables, and their utility to UKNIAF, FCDO, Nigeria and the Government of Nigeria, in line with the Task Order
Summary of person profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree Qualifications in Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields (Required); Master's Degree or higher in any of the above considered an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional work experience in supporting the development and delivery of infrastructure at a reputable institution, preferably infrastructure consulting/advisory.
- Experience carrying out analysis of economic trends, statistical information, panel surveys and other data.
- Proven written and presentation skills in a range of formats (briefings, reports, summaries, etc.) and to a range of audiences.
- Sound knowledge of the infrastructure PPP space in Nigeria
- Strong demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office. Financial modelling skills an advantage.
The position is based in Abuja, with limited travel as a result of COVID19 restrictions. Some out of hours work might be required.
Interested candidates should please send CVs to email@example.com