Africa PPP Advisory Services alongside TetraTech International Development (formerly WYG International) is delivering the FCDO-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, and selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
The Task Order (Task Order IF0006) seeks to enable the use of an enhanced Decision Support Tool (DST) in the selection of projects in the annual budgeting cycle. This will include stakeholder engagement, technical assistance and institutional capacity development required to entrench the DST in policy as part of the Medium-Term Sector Strategy, which informs the development of the annual capital budget. This will result in enhanced institutional capacity of the Federal Ministry of Finance Budget & National Planning’s (FMFBNP) to plan capital programs, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government spend on infrastructure, and attract private financing for inclusive, climate resilient and pro-poor infrastructure projects.
Specifically, the TO team will:
• Develop and mainstream Infrastructure Finance Strategy
• Support to the FMBNP in the development of the MTNDP 2021 -2025 and MTNDP 2026 - 2030 to capture FGN post Covid19 socio economic priorities in the successor plan as well as the NDCs and the SDGs
• Develop the DST and Support the BOF to improve the process for screening capital projects for the annual budget
• Build consensus around the implementation of policy imperatives and process enhancements
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – Senior Policy Advisor
This is a fixed term role, as part of the overall UKNIAF Infrastructure Finance Component team.
Specifically, you will:
• Support to BNP-Macro to finalize the National Development Plan ensuring key priority areas are well articulated
• Ensure CC indicators captured in the tool provide sector specific guidance on a range of development indicators
• Provide inputs relating to PPP aspects of the project
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
• Inception Report and High-level Delivery Plan
• Interim Report and Monthly Progress Updates
• Quality and timely submission of TO deliverables
• Commitment to UKNIAF Values
The ideal profile will include the following:
• Minimum of Master's degree, or equivalent, in Law, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance, or related fields; Related fields combined with a specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
• Experience of working with government - consulting, capacity development
• Knowledge on FCDO rules and procedures for programme management is preferred.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills
• International experience working in development in several countries, an advantage
• Sound knowledge of the infrastructure PPP space in Nigeria (including the legal, policy, and institutional frameworks)
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work constructively with diverse, inter-cultural, and high impact teams in different locations.
The position is based in Abuja. But as a result of COVID19 restrictions, most UKNIAF roles are being delivered remotely. Some out of hours work might be required.
Interested candidates should please send their CVs to email@example.com on/before 00:00 GMT+1 November 29, 2020.