Name of the Project: United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF)
Name of the Client: Department for International Development (DFID)
Sector Lead: Infrastructure Finance Lead
Reports to: Climate Change Advisor
Africa PPP Advisory Services alongside WYG, a Tetra Tech company, are delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Federal road network, power and infrastructure finance sectors. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
Senior Environmental & Social (E&S) Risk / Sustainable Finance Advisor
A Poverty, Gender and Social Inclusion (PGESI) and Climate Change (PGESI & CC) Framework has been developed to mainstream: (1) Development Impact, and; (2) E&S risk assessment into all the work of the Infrastructure Finance Component.
The role will be to primarily provide E&S risk assessment advise into multiple deliverables of the IF workstream. The Development Impact advise will be provided by the UKNIAF Cross-Cutting team.
This is a Short-Term role (Approximately 6-7 months), as part of the overall UKNIAF Infrastructure Finance team.
The Advisor is responsible for applying and updating the Framework based on the activity to revalidate and align Lenders’ conditions with fiduciary and regulatory requirements.
The Advisor is responsible for providing E&S risk assessment for the project pipeline, project Concept Notes, Outline Business Case(s) and for integrating it into the Accelerated Project Delivery Framework.
- Kick-off calls with UKNIAF team to review scope of work, gather information, review UKNIAF background documents including the PGESI & CC Framework, agree/develop a detailed work plan
- Attend calls with Lenders or gather feedback from interviews with Lenders to update the PGESI & CC Framework focusing on the E&S risk criteria (e.g. IFC Performance Standards)
- Establish/mainstream the GESI/Climate Framework within the Accelerated Project Delivery Framework including:
- Within the key Process Workflow and Governance for the APDF
- In securing committed support from ICRC, FMFBNP, and other critical stakeholders for the APDF
- In the Technical Partnership Agreement
- In relevant reports, relevant training manuals, templates, and associated capacity development approach
- Use the Framework to screen the project pipeline for E&S risks
- Conduct E&S risk assessment for 5 Concept Notes, and draft the content for each
- Conduct E&S risk assessment for the Outline Business Case (1-2)
- Activities for the OBCs and CNs include desktop research, interviews with stakeholders/experts, quantitative and qualitative analysis
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
The main KPI will be the quality of the advice provided and deliverables and their utility to UKNIAF, DFID Nigeria and the Government of Nigeria.
Summary of person profile.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Qualifications (Required)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Environmental and Social Risk Assessment including standards such as the IFC performance Standards/Equator Principles (and preferably due diligence) (Required)
- Demonstrated experience in application of E&S risk management for investors in emerging markets/Africa/Nigeria (Required)
- Experience in Sustainable Finance (including climate smart and gender-lens investing) and Impact Investing
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and problem solving skills, and attention to detail
The position is remote.
Interested candidates should please send CVs to email@example.com